Christmas Breakfast

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I made this last year for our Christmas Breakfast and pretty much fell in love with how good it is.

Ever since then I make it for any special occasion that needs a breakfast like holidays and birthdays. I would make it even more but my husband claims it is more like a dessert then breakfast.. Yes, it's THAT good!

Cinnamon French Toast Bake from Pillsbury

Ingredients

1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
5 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup maple syrup

Garnish

Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar
Maple syrup, if desired

 Okay, So first melt the butter and pour it on an ungreased 13×9 inch glass dish. 

Then separate the cans of dough into 16 rolls. Put the icing off to the side because you will use that later. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.


In a separate bowl beat the eggs. Then add the cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat all until well blended. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.


Next sprinkle with pecans (I only put pecans over half of it because I don't really like them on there but my husband does). Then drizzle 3/4 cup syrup over the top. 

Bake at 375 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.


 While it is cooling remove the covers from icing and microwave on medium  or 50% power for 10 to 15 seconds. (Should be thin enough to drizzle.) Then drizzle icing over the top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 

I also like to serve it with syrup!


Seriously though, this stuff is AMAZING! I grantee everyone who eats it will absolutely love it!!

ENJOY! :)

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Christmas Breakfast”

  1. This is one of my favorite breakfasts! SO GOOD! (I am only allowed to make it while we have company though - my husband thinks it is too much like a desert too!)

    ReplyDelete