Week 19

Sunday, November 13, 2011



How far along: 19 weeks.
Total weight gain: about 5 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Haven't had to wear any yet.
Sleep: Doing okay with sleeping!
Stretch marks: Nope!
Best moment of the week: We went to the Doctors and got to hear our baby girl's heartbeat! :)
Miss anything: Um just sleeping on my stomach.
Moment: Yep, not enough for Devan to feel yet but I definitely can!
Food Craving: Anything but sweets still.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really..
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender: Girl.
Labor Signs: Not yet.
Belly button in or out: Its almost flat.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Confirming if it is a girl!! ha

SOOOO funny story...
Those of you who know about pregnancy and babies should know that the doctors usually like you to wait until you are 19-21 weeks until they find out the gender, because while they are doing that ultra sound they are also looking at the heart, brain, doing a lot of measuring, ect.. to make sure everything is okay with the baby. 

Well my doctor said they won't do that ultra sound until 19 weeks.. But technically you can find out the gender around 16 weeks. So we went to a different doctor to find out the gender, which she said was a girl.

So this past week we were at my normal doctor and he asked if we had already scheduled the big ultra sound appointment. We said not yet, but that we would do it when I was 21 weeks since I already knew the gender. He then informed me that when you find out the gender that early they can be wrong..

UM YIKES!! 

We decided to put a stop to buying anything pink until we have a confirmed answer from the doctor that she is a girl!! Which is scheduled for Monday the 21st, crossing my fingers we don't have to make tons of returns for everything we already bought!!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Week 19”

  1. Ha ha Yikes! I hope it's a girl then! : ) Also you look stunning, just so skinny with a little bitty baby bump! : ) I hope I look that great when I finally get pregnant! : )

    Natalie
    www.projectdowhatyoulove.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog on Pinterest. I love all your cute ideas. Where did you get all your chalkboards???? Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I actually make them! It is super easy. All you need is some wood, a picture frame and chalk board paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love all your chalkboard postings! What kind of chalk do you use?? It is so bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I use kids side walk chalk! They have tons of color options and you can buy them at Wal-mart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked at Wal-Mart! Maybe mine is just lame. I am planning on going to Toys-R-Us to see if they have anything that is better than what I have. I got a box of Crayola side walk chalk, but its not very vibrant...maybe it's my chalkboard??

      Delete